Thoughts on Borla XR-1 headers?

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Just noticed that american muscle now sells borla xr-1 headers for the coyote. They are 1 3/4" primaries with 2 3/4 collectors and both o2 sensors are right next to each other in the picture. Would be nice to have an all borla setup but how much of a difference would be noticed with lets say 1 7/8" primaries and 3" collectors? I'm also curious if the borla headers mate up to the borla x pipe that comes with their cat back.

Borla XR-1 Mustang Long Tube Headers (11-13 GT) 17263 - Free Shipping!

ViciousJay

Established Member
if it were me id hold out for OBX to make a set and get them for half the cost. Installing them will be pretty pricey as well

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
if it were me id hold out for OBX to make a set and get them for half the cost. Installing them will be pretty pricey as well

I plan on doing the install myself so that's not an issue. I've considered jba and pype's long tubes for a cheaper route but I'm just curious of people's thoughts on these. Main reason to get them would be to have a full borla setup which may not be the most logical reason but if they are really good headers why not.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Looking at different header designs I've notice some appear longer than others. Is this because the jpc, jba, pypes, and borla headers work with the stock h pipe or catback mid pipes? I noticed the jpc headers stated that in order to retain cats you needed to purchase their catted x pipe. Otherwise with the stock h pipe is could be catless.

Users who are viewing this thread