Thoughts on pittsburgh floor jack/tools

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
I'm looking to purchase a new floor jack and I have been eye balling a pittsburgh floor jack from harbor freight just not sure on the brand/reliability of these. I have owned craftsman but have not been satisfied with craftsman brand floor jacks. Also if not Pittsburgh would you recommend another brand of floor jacks. Thanks in advance

520Terminator

Wait.....What?
Established Member
I have the long reach low profile one, and I love it. It has the rapid pump, and is super easy to use and roll around. I wouldn't lay under the car supported by just the jack, but, hell, I wouldn't do that with any jack, I don't care who makes it. The Pittsburgh one works better than the AC Delco POS I bought from Oreilly's.

HIonPSI

Established Member
Not sure on pittsburgh but Id recommend an Arcan from Costco...$99 plus it comes with Costcos kickass return policy. Mines been awesome so far, pretty low profile too.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i saw a few racing jacks at harbor freight on sale.....very interested, i still have an old one i use it works pretty good. the jack stands for 3 tons are $15.99 at HF

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Pretty good jacks. They work really good for me. I just bought the 2 1/2 tons low profile that can actually fit under my car without the help of a ramp or a 2x4

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If it's the same Pittsburgh that makes sheet metal fabrication equipment I'm sure it's money well spent.

Tispho

Established Member
Not sure on pittsburgh but Id recommend an Arcan from Costco...$99 plus it comes with Costcos kickass return policy. Mines been awesome so far, pretty low profile too.

+1 Arcan XL35 Low Profile Jack

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I bought a low profile Pittsburgh jack from Harbor Freight not too long ago.

Very nice and pretty heavy duty for $80 bucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member

+1 Arcan XL35 Low Profile Jack

I've actually seen a lot of good reviews lately on this Arcan XL35. I'm open to all floor jacks I had just seen the Pittsburgh at HF for a good price $100. Ill have to hit up my bro since he has a Costco card to look at the Arcan. If I can't find one maybe the Pittsburgh will be just fine

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
I have the 2.5 ton jack and the 3 ton jack stands. Both have held up fine after a few months and a few uses.

vroom

Established Member

+1 I also have this jack, it's been over 2 years now and I have had no problems with it.

vortecd

Established Member
I bought a 3 ton craftsman jack and really didn't like it. I found a coupon for the 2 ton Pittsburgh aluminum jack and love it! May buy another

cbr repsol

Established Member
I had a nice 3 ton crapman ,used it 5 times and the seals blew on it. I needed something quick and bought a ac delco jack from orielys. It worked good for about a year and now falls down after you get a tire off the ground.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Bought a big Craftsman about ten years ago. Its been a good jack. Not really a fan of craftsman anymore but it serves me well. Takes forever to raise a load, but it is designed that way.

jsonic

Established Member
Just bought some extensions yesterday, now I know the tools aren't that great. I just broke a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter trying to get my mid pipe off but while I was there I told the clerk about it and he said all tools have lifetime warranty and to bring it back and ill give you a new one. I have a Pittsburg 3 ton jack and it works great. I use jack stands when I go under, though.

dynasty_v6

Established Member
I have this one: Low Profile Floor Jack - 2 Ton, Rapid Pump® Jack

It often goes on sale for $130, the range is incredible. I can use use in on my wife's mini cooper and my lifted jeep :p

I also got rid of my metal jack stands and picked ups these: Aluminum Jack Stands - 3 Ton

They often go on sale for $30 a pair, and are much much nicer to lug around. Plus they won't rust.

So for $190 + tax, I'm set...

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Another vote for the Costco arcan jack. I've had mine for about 5 years and haven't had a problem with it. Picks up my f250 diesel as well, with no problems.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i've had 2 of the torin jacks from northern tool... both are garbage and I threw both away. On the other hand the long reach low profile arcan jack they have, is nice for a chinese jack. I have a standard Pittsburgh, which is a decent jack... not really good or bad.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I bought the all steel low profile one from HB. No issues with it and seems to be rock solid. If only it wasn't 70lbs...

Users who are viewing this thread