Thoughts on possible suspension setup

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I'm looking to improve my straight line traction from a dig and drop my 13 GT500 a little bit, but not too much because it's my daily driver. I had a 2012 GT and did BMR springs, Koni struts & shocks, BMR control arms & relo brackets, J&M panhard rod, and camber bolts. I really liked that setup, but I'm not looking to drop this one as low. I basically have three questions:

1. I saw a few threads talking about the difficulty with alignments after lowering these cars. Do I need caster/camber plates, or are bolts enough?

2. Since I have the svtpp and the track package, do I need to change out the shocks and struts like I did on my GT?

3. How does the following setup look to you guys?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-springs-0712gt500.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-relocationbracket-0512.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-poly-0512.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-caster-camber-plates-1114.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-panhard-0509.html

Ky GT500

Established Member
This is my '14 sitting on Eibach Pro Kit springs with all BMR components, UCA, LCA, relocation brackets, panhard and brace. I didn't need the caster/camber plates to align mine, had no issues. I'm still running the stock adjustable shocks and have the PP and track pack.

image.jpg

Dinosgt

Established Member
This is my '14 sitting on Eibach Pro Kit springs with all BMR components, UCA, LCA, relocation brackets, panhard and brace. I didn't need the caster/camber plates to align mine, had no issues. I'm still running the stock adjustable shocks and have the PP and track pack.

View attachment 54127

Curious - I have the same set up sitting in my garage waiting for me to install (between work and family - maybe 2019 ETA). What are you impressions of ride quality vs stock, and NVH vs stock?

Finally, does it hook better now?

THANKS...

Ky GT500

Established Member
Curious - I have the same set up sitting in my garage waiting for me to install (between work and family - maybe 2019 ETA). What are you impressions of ride quality vs stock, and NVH vs stock?

Finally, does it hook better now?

THANKS...

Not a lot of difference over stock ride, maybe a touch stiffer. NVH is more due to the poly versus stock rubber,,,I don't realy notice it now but when I first changed I could hear it. Long tubes, H pipe and Super Snake muffs drown out any NVH that I have. You can adjust how well it hooks with the location of the LCA's in the relocation brackets. I'm in the middle now because I run road courses and the lower setting is to aggressive to power out of a curve. With all pieces in, the car is very predictable in straight line acceleration over stock when it kicked out under acceleration. Car is very flat in turns now with all my parts that I've replaced, no body roll.

SnakeDreamer

Established Member
Ky GT500, I love your stance as well. I ordered the same basic set-up with springs and all. I am just waiting on a couple more parts to come in. I do have a question concerning the BMR Panhard Bar Relocation bracket. Is this a must have to install the BMR Panhard Bar and support Brace. Did you do it on your car? Thanks in advance!

Ky GT500

Established Member
Ky GT500, I love your stance as well. I ordered the same basic set-up with springs and all. I am just waiting on a couple more parts to come in. I do have a question concerning the BMR Panhard Bar Relocation bracket. Is this a must have to install the BMR Panhard Bar and support Brace. Did you do it on your car? Thanks in advance!

The relocation brackets are for the lower control arms, not the panhard.

little-dw

Established Member
I went with the BMR 1.5" springs. The springs were not a 1.5" drop, but pretty much gave me what I was looking for. They are just as low or the same as the Eibach Pro IMO. I did not have to adjust any camber either. Installed the adjustable LCA and relocation brackets, adjustable UCA and mount, adjustable rear sway bar kit, and adjustable panhard bar. I love the way the car handles, turns and launches from a dig or roll

Attachments

• IMG_20150722_144501-01.jpeg
    IMG_20150722_144501-01.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20160118_195012.jpg
    IMG_20160118_195012.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 136

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
There was a really good thread in the 13/14 section about installation and setup that was very very helpful but I can't find it right now. Bmr and van chimed in on it but for the life of me I can't find it by searching.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
image.jpeg
Eibach sportlines on full BMR rear suspension components. 20x9/20x10.5 Niche Essen wheels on 275/295 mpss tires.

Users who are viewing this thread