thoughts on rim wrap?

rmurer

Established Member
I know off color rims aren't for everyone but since im going to be wrapping my hood, roof and trunk i was toying around with the idea of wrapping my rims the same color. I did a test the other day after recieving my 35ft of vinyl.

The color is minnow blue carbon fiber. I for one think it looks awesome. The good part is if it doesn't work well i can just remove the vinyl.

IMG_20150216_172117 by MurerImages, on Flickr

quick mock up with my dirty ass pony. its been too cold to wash her :/

IMG_20150216_172711 by MurerImages, on Flickr

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Not sure. ATM not a fan but a fully detailed car with the wheels/tires shine'd and better pics may change my mind.
Everytime I do see colored rims I think of Fast and the Furious and punk ass teenagers for some reason.

Last edited:

rmurer

Established Member
Not sure. ATM not a fan but a fully detailed car with the wheels/tires shine'd and better pics may change my mind.
Everytime to do see colored rims I think of Fast and the Furious and punk ass teenagers for some reason.

its understandable, i probably will do it just because i'll have tons of extra, see how it looks detailed and make a decision then. easy to fix if its not a great idea. And i agree the colored rims do give the F&F tone at times.

Rct851

Established Member
Not a fan of the colored rims but.... I do really dig the rims and that color. It would be a badass wrap on the car

Redline8k

Established Member
any update on this, Id like to see the final product. I kinda dig them, they are different and not what everyone has.

rmurer

Established Member
I ended up not doing it. I think with the other stuff i wrapped that the rims would have been too much.

old rims on top
new on bottom

hdqqs60Ph9aGiMp0E9nsMNG6MvVxc75n1FHs5srTApw=s577-no

mavisky

Established Member
Doesn't look terrible, but lose that gas cap wrap man. Just because you can wrap something doesn't mean you should. A little restraint can go a long way or you start to look like that local ricer who paints anything on his car yellow that he can unbolt and hang in his garage.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Doesn't look terrible, but lose that gas cap wrap man. Just because you can wrap something doesn't mean you should. A little restraint can go a long way or you start to look like that local ricer who paints anything on his car yellow that he can unbolt and hang in his garage.

You took the words from my brain

rmurer

Established Member
its alright guys good thing is just vinyl lol. I put it on there to see how it looked just haven't gotten around to taking it off lol.

rmurer

Established Member
ANYONE ELSE? lol im gonna ditch the gas tank cover one but im leaving the mirrors. If everyone chimmed in on what i should ditch im sure the car would go back to stock :)

greenscobie86

Established Member
If youre gonna go with the whole blue theme I'd pick up some side scoops or window vents and wrap them as well, that way it will tie in with all the other wrapped part IMO, Give it a funky Laguna Secaish style.

Oh and good thing you didnt wrap the rims.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'd get rid of everything wrapped besides the roof. I'd also get bigger brakes to fit behind the wheels.

I'm also in the novi area too.

Users who are viewing this thread