Thoughts, views on Tokico D-Spec

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Now are made for Cobras, really want these to help with the wheel hop.

Tokico D-Spec 16-way Adjustable Shocks & Struts Package - For 99-04 Cobra Mustangs
FREE SHIPPING!
Part #: DSP-3

D-Spec (damping specific) is a new extra-wide range adjustable damping system from Tokico. The extra-wide range makes it possible to use D-Spec for street, auto cross, drag racing or even road racing.

The D-Spec shocks & struts allow you to adjust rebound and compression simultaneously. Between hard and soft settings, the D-Spec shocks & struts are infinitely adjustable.

The D-Spec shocks will give your Mustang the performance adjustability Mustang owners have long been waiting for you. These shocks will allow you to be road racing one minute, then going on a long road trip the next minute, fine tuning your suspension to that specific need.

Set of 4 - Two Front Struts and Two Rear Shocks

Fits 1999-2004 Cobra Mustangs (with IRS rear suspension)

Price $649.95

Discuss............

01Cobra896

Established Member
From what I have read they seem like great shocks. My biggest question with these is can you use them with a coil-over package?

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
That is a decent price for such a quality shock, pair those with some springs and some caster/camber plates, and that uis probably $1100 well spent.

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Shox.com has them for under $600............

I need EIGHT of them !! :lol: Sucks having 3 Stangs...........

97'snke

Established Member
stangsuspension.com has them the cheapest. plus if you are a corral member you get a 5% discount.

I just put them on my car with MM C/C plates and a few other parts. They work really well for everything and give a very smooth ride.

Get them.

wma8706

Established Member
I have them and love it. get the extenders for the rear if you plan to put those on. If you like to drag race... set the front to full soft and the rears to hard for weight tranfer.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
stangsuspension.com has them the cheapest. plus if you are a corral member you get a 5% discount.

I just put them on my car with MM C/C plates and a few other parts. They work really well for everything and give a very smooth ride.

Get them.

:poke:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I'm running the D-specs and I'm not so sure I like them.. I suppose they do what they're supposed to, but it feels like I'm riding in a roller coaster.

wma8706

Established Member
have you adjusted them? I agree when I was playing around with it ..... at a stiff setting for front and back would make the car way to stiff to enjoy on the streets. I wanted the car to handle great but the ride was just too annoying for daily driving.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
have you adjusted them? I agree when I was playing around with it ..... at a stiff setting for front and back would make the car way to stiff to enjoy on the streets. I wanted the car to handle great but the ride was just too annoying for daily driving.

I have the remote adjusters and I've tried just about everything I can think of. This is my DD and I really hate the ride quality. They're great for driving the car hard, lot less wheel spin and that sort, but it sucks driving the car every day. My g/f hates riding in the car. I think I'm going too get rid of them. Way to bouncy.

I understand having a lowered sports car isn't going to ride like a cadillac, but every little bump feels enormous and the rear of the car bounces like a basketball over the tiniest bumps. I don't even want to comment on what it feels like on the bad roads.

Last edited:

blacksnake305

Established Member
I've run the D-specs for the last 3 years and think they are a great strut/shock. I run them at 5 (from closed/firm postion). With one coil off my eibach progressives, I have a great ride and it handles like a miata... worth the $500 I paid IMHO

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I've run the D-specs for the last 3 years and think they are a great strut/shock. I run them at 5 (from closed/firm postion). With one coil off my eibach progressives, I have a great ride and it handles like a miata... worth the $500 I paid IMHO

I'm thinking they changed something, because my adjusters don't have numbers/settings on them. One way says firm, one way says soft. I would guess I have somewhere around 15 revolutions from complete firm to complete soft.

Users who are viewing this thread