Thoughts!

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
1. Traction = Might be your driving technique? If I just dump the clutch, my Boss will roast the tires well into 3rd. But if I launch correctly, it hooks and goes. It will break the tires loose going into 2nd and 3rd, but it's got traction. I would look at replacing the tires.

2 & 3. I have no engine tick, and never did. I changed my oil at 2500 miles to 10W-40 Royal Purple, and it's just fine. My car was down about 1.5 quarts at the first oil change. I haven't changed it since, but will around X-mas. The dipstick is still showing the correct amount. If your car is 6 quarts low, that's a problem. Was the oil ever changed before? Maybe someone didn't put enough oil in to begin with.

4. The car is kinda gutless below 3500 rpm, and it has variable valve timing. When you are just cruising, it changes the cam timing, so if you punch it from a low rpm, you have the cams changing timing and the lack of torque to deal with. Plus, like many modern cars, the factory programs in weak throttle response. A tune would be a serious help. If you want to go from a roll, make sure you are above 4500. This car does not have the instant, low rpm torque of the Terminator. I do have to adjust my driving style when I hop from my Cobra or E55 (crazy torque monster) into my Boss. The Boss is a car that is all about power and revs, the Terminator is a car that is all about torque.

Users who are viewing this thread