Thread posting rules

five0three

big deal
Established Member
I really am getting tired of seeing threads with titles like "where can i find x plan prices" and "what to pay for a base '12" in the '11+ sub-forum. They dont get moved or nuked, so i am assuming they are considered acceptable threads in a vehicle specific sub-forum? i mean they aren't even close to tech related. am i missing something here?

truefiveo

Established Member
I really am getting tired of seeing threads with titles like "where can i find x plan prices" and "what to pay for a base '12" in the '11+ sub-forum. They dont get moved or nuked, so i am assuming they are considered acceptable threads in a vehicle specific sub-forum? i mean they aren't even close to tech related. am i missing something here?

Not everyone with general first hand knowledge of such issues at hand frequent specific sub forums enough.

You'll get quicker and many more responses posting in roadside which gets the most hits.

IE: Billy Bob is probably one of the most knowledgeable members when it comes to Ford GTs, but he sold his GT a while back and doesn't visit the GT specific forum any more....but he still logs in and always checks the latest threads in roadside section.
He happens to see a thread about GT insurance and he gives the best advice and info.

Some of these topics are on a time constraint where people need quick solutions and answers especially purchase topics. What better place to post...than on the forum which gets the most traffic and attention and thread views???

Mmmmkay????:read:

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Says the guy calling out others in roadside. There's a section for such a thing. I vote this is moved there, just for you champ.

:wf:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Not everyone with general first hand knowledge of such issues at hand frequent specific sub forums enough.

You'll get quicker and many more responses posting in roadside which gets the most hits.

IE: Billy Bob is probably one of the most knowledgeable members when it comes to Ford GTs, but he sold his GT a while back and doesn't visit the GT specific forum any more....but he still logs in and always checks the latest threads in roadside section.
He happens to see a thread about GT insurance and he gives the best advice and info.

Some of these topics are on a time constraint where people need quick solutions and answers especially purchase topics. What better place to post...than on the forum which gets the most traffic and attention and thread views???

Mmmmkay????:read:
wat? i think you are agreeing with me. im pointing out the non vehicle specific non tech threads in the ON TOPIC sub forums.

mmmmmmkay?

Says the guy calling out others in roadside. There's a section for such a thing. I vote this is moved there, just for you champ.

:wf:
who am i calling out? i am pointing out the lack of reform the proper way by not plugging up the tech sections. i would like to keep this somewhat productive and avoid the typical "piitb" type posts that destroy threads in SD.

Am i missing something here? most auto forums i have been part of were pretty strict about this. makes searching through sub forums for tech info easier.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I bet there isn't a suggestion box that you walk by without filling in a card or adding a note. I bet you have a shirt pocket full of blank cards and red ink pen in case the suggestion box is out.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

A simple search reveals that you have NEVER used the report post button.

Help me help you.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Not to mention the OP post a race vid in the road kill section with no story which clearly belongs in pics and vids.

Practice what you preach before bitching about the site and staff.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Not to mention the OP post a race vid in the road kill section with no story which clearly belongs in pics and vids.

Practice what you preach before bitching about the site and staff.

Well i went to add some details to the background of my thread in RK, but it was moved without warning.

Im not calling out the staff. Im not trying to get into a pissing contest here. I am merely trying to bring up the topic of reform. Doing so would attract more tech knowledgeable posters, while educating the less educated.

If reporting posts is how its done here, so be it. Frankly i haven't used the function because i've never been active on a site that even has it.

Our Mod in 11+ does a fine job, im not calling him out. He keeps people playing by the rules. I was looking for an open forum discussion on changing the rules. If the SVTP leadership isnt interested, so be it. :rolling:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well i went to add some details to the background of my thread in RK, but it was moved without warning.

Im not calling out the staff. Im not trying to get into a pissing contest here. I am merely trying to bring up the topic of reform. Doing so would attract more tech knowledgeable posters, while educating the less educated.

If reporting posts is how its done here, so be it. Frankly i haven't used the function because i've never been active on a site that even has it.

Our Mod in 11+ does a fine job, im not calling him out. He keeps people playing by the rules. I was looking for an open forum discussion on changing the rules. If the SVTP leadership isnt interested, so be it. :rolling:

The site works very well for its intended purpose. If you do not like it here, please feel free to click elsewhere. But stop whining. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread