Thread Size?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Does anyone know what size the O2 sensor bung is? I got my headers used and the owner welded shut the bung on the header flange. So now I have to drill it out (going to use a grinder because i dont have a big enough bit) and shove a heli-coil in there

Hockeyman48

Established Member
Could you use a holesaw instead? Slow drilling through welding material,but right size might allow a tap through existing bung. Also , if you find a stainless nut to fit sensor ,you could have that welded as your bung. Not sure if you have headers off or not.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Could you use a holesaw instead? Slow drilling through welding material,but right size might allow a tap through existing bung. Also , if you find a stainless nut to fit sensor ,you could have that welded as your bung. Not sure if you have headers off or not.

sadly they are on the car already

is there a way the bung could be cut off or something and a new bung put on? I dont want to have 2 bungs sticking out of the flange.. im anal haha

Hockeyman48

Established Member
The best case scenario is to remove them and fix it correctly. Take them to an exhaust shop or good welder and then you can be anal about something else! Just kidding!! We all get anal about our rides at some time or another. Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread