Threw 2 codes while on O/R X tune

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Hey guys, so the other day I was driving at night and decided to do a quick pull from 1-2-3. Well i nailed the 1-2 shift and as i approached redline in 2rd and went to quick shift i missed 3rd and bounced off redline in 2nd. As this occurred I heard a pretty loud backfire. Well didn't think much of it and put it back in 5th and began to cruse back home. About 30 seconds after the pull the CEL came on. I didn't notice a difference in the way the car drove but being paranoid I quickly drove home, shut the car off and plugged my x4 in to read the codes. It read the P0420 and P0430 codes. It said they something to do with catalysts efficiency in bank 1 and 2. I just cleared the codes and luckily it hasn't happened again. But I'm wondering if any of you guys know what could've caused this. Background on the car is a 2014 5.0 with O/R X, no resonators and flowmaster outlaws and I have the updated tune from AED for the O/R X.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Weird..... You might check with Shaun, he does leave the downstream O2 sensors turned on, but changes parameters to keep them happy and from throwing inefficiency trouble codes.

Users who are viewing this thread