Throttle body/cable sticking when running after sitting a while

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
So my car sat for about 3 months and when I got it all put back together it has this stick in the throttle only when the car is running. It is very annoying.

I looked it up and found some people messing with the set screw on the TB to correct this, but I don't think mine backed out or anything. It has blue loctite on it from the factory and also there is no nut or slit on it to make it easy to adjust which makes me think it shouldn't need adjustment. My TB is factory and I think the set screw procedures are for the after market ones.

When the engine is off everything is smooth, which makes me think it isn't the throttle body being dirty. If it were dirty it should stick even when the engine is off. Searches only came up with the vacuum being too much on the TB with engine on so adjust the set screw. If this is the case, I need two nuts on the set screw or a pair of vice grips I guess.

What do you guys think? Should I back the set screw out a bit and have the throttle body be a little more open? Won't that affect my idle rpm?

Thanks guys.

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
PB blaster on the TB linkage and turned the set screw out a half turn or so. Idle stayed the same. Didn't even disconnect battery. Problem solved.

Sorry to waste ur time guys.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's good to know. Friend of mine has a similar issue with his stock throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread