throttle cable is too long- insight please

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
so I'm all finished with my 2.6KB install (w/accufab sbtb) but the 2003 cobra throttle cable is much too long. I measured it and it is 33inches long which from what I can tell is the stock length of a 2003 throttle cable. So what gives? my pedal is sitting on the floor and it's still not tight.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I had that problem when I had my old Posi setup and the dragon throttle body.. couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I ended up just attaching a stiff piece of rubber hose onto the cable with small hose clamps right up against the pedal. It worked good for me and I never had any issues with it.

joshcarp81

Established Member
I did a piece of plastic spacer from the hardware store instead of the the rubber hose. I just cut a slit with the dremel down the length that I needed to take up the slack. And then two zip ties followed up with electrical tape. Works great. Mine wasn't as drastic as you are saying yours is though.

Blueline

Established Member
When I installed my dragon tb and plenum on my ported eaton, I had the same thing. I put the throttle bracket behind the ears on the top of the blower and it worked perfect, no spacers or shims needed.

Users who are viewing this thread