Throttle hesitation, lag.

Matter

Established Member
2003 4v, all stock except k&n. The throttle lag from idle drives me crazy. I understand it is normal and I have searched this and read all the different ideas, what I am wondering is if an Accufab t/b will help this any? I know they claim better throttle response, but to me it is counter intuitive that a bigger t/b would actually help as it seems it would make it worse if anything. Anyone actually have any specific experience with this?

Matter

Established Member
I should also mention I have a restrictor plate in the IAC as I found the hanging idle to be quite annoying also. Also I added a Diablo 91 octane tune and that seemed to help my throttle lag some.

my04mach

Established Member
I don’t think it’s normal. Mine doesn’t have any lag from idle, not that I can tell anyway. I know it’s pretty for them to have some throttle cable slack. Many do the throttle cable mod (I haven’t). Maybe yours is more excessive than what’s typically seen? I would think the slack would show up most from idle rather than while driving and applying steady throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matter

Established Member
No cable slack at all, basically what I have is if you are at an idle and rev the car it takes about a half second to react. Not really noticeable while driving. If anything I would say it feels like the first blip of the throttle is almost ignored unless you really give a pretty good blip if that makes sense. Like the response is on a curve rather than linear. I can rev the engine right at the throttle body with the same result so pretty much rules out any cable issue. I have searched the issue extensively and many people share the same complaint. Not a huge deal, but I want instant response. I guess my response feels a little digitally altered and I would prefer a direct analog response. I don't really have hesitation so much as it is more of a lag or delay.

Matter

Established Member
my04mach, so would you say yours is pretty snappy from a dead idle? Mine is, but only if you give it a pretty good footful. Just a couple quick little throttle blips and it feels like a pretty good delay. Car runs strong, no other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread