Throwing codes p0190 and p0234

wesking1

Established Member
I been throwing codes p0190 and p0234. I did some research on them and found that the KB damper disk should fix this so I order one put it in and I through both of them again. I never replaced the FRPS tho should I have done that?

wesking1

Established Member
Mods are 2.3 whipple, 3.0 pulley, 60 lb injectors, mac long tubes, BAP, stock pumps, stock rails, KB damper disk

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor to the PCM for VREF voltage. The test fails when the VREF voltage from the PCM drops to a voltage less than a minimum calibrated value. VREF open in harness.
VREF open in sensor.
VREF open in PCM.
Verify VREF voltage between 4.0 and 6.0V.

P0234 - Supercharger Overboost Condition The PCM disables (bypasses) the supercharger boost and sets a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to keep from damaging the powertrain (engine or transmission) during potential harmful operating conditions. Brake torque (brake on and throttle at wide open)
Transmission oil temperature (TOT) exceeds calibrated threshold
Engine over temperature
Ignition misfire exceeds calibrated threshold
Knock sensor (KS) failure or knock detected
Low speed fuel pump relay not switching
Check for other diagnostic trouble codes accompanying the P0234 or check appropriate and available PIDs related to above possible causes.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I been throwing codes p0190 and p0234. I did some research on them and found that the KB damper disk should fix this so I order one put it in and I through both of them again. I never replaced the FRPS tho should I have done that?

Did you at least try unplugging it and clearing the codes to see if they reset?

Are you getting these codes with absolutely no driveability issues..just codes?

DICobra

Established Member
My car showed p0190 code and it wouldn't start. I checked my BAP and followed the wiring to see any disconnection and I found that part where the relay is was almost disconnected or almost came off the socket. Plugged it back and added some taping to it to make sure its secure, I did clear the code and so far it's not showing anymore and car starting fine now :)

wesking1

Established Member
Did you at least try unplugging it and clearing the codes to see if they reset?

Are you getting these codes with absolutely no driveability issues..just codes?

I did clear the codes a few times and unplugged the FRPS but thats it. It doesnt do it when I am driving tho it does it after I drive for a short distance then drive again, I will start the car it will try to start and cut off real quick, then I will start it again it will start ok but it will give me the codes its happened a few times.

Hadeeza

I had the same code come up and I cleared it and then the next day my car didn't start...I replaced the FRPS and it operated fine for about three weeks, and I replaced it again and the next day the code came back...so I'm not saying you didn't fix the problem, but something else may be going on...I believe my car may be tuned to high so that's the next step I'm about to take

wesking1

Established Member
I had the same code come up and I cleared it and then the next day my car didn't start...I replaced the FRPS and it operated fine for about three weeks, and I replaced it again and the next day the code came back...so I'm not saying you didn't fix the problem, but something else may be going on...I believe my car may be tuned to high so that's the next step I'm about to take

Yea I been think retune might be the way I have to go just trying to hold off till winter for that so I can get return style fuel set up in.

Users who are viewing this thread