Thump When Shifting

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Does this happen to anyone else? I'm new to the Coyote crew so i'm trying to learn these engine's/trans.

I have a 2016 Perf. Pack GT 6 speed and everytime i upshift (1-2, 2-3, etc) it sounds like the trans in "thumping" for lack of better terms. Car only has 1,000 miles on it. Curious if this is normal with these cars or if there is something aftermarket that stops it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jdcobra

Established Member
Mine does the same at times. I wanna say due to the two piece driveshaft

Mr_ATC

Established Member
Look into some Diff bushings there's a kit that offers street ones (red) and stiffer black ones for track that I've read removes the thunk and the person that made the claim has the heavier ford racing shafts.

GriffithUSAF

Established Member
Mine did it when I first started driving mine (Especially from Neutral to First, and First to Second). I watched a video on it that was on youtube, I will have to try and fine the link. But short story long, you have to be slower with putting it into gear.

Clutch in, quick pause, gently into gear. This is only for lower RPM's that everyone seems to have the "thud, or clunk" noise. (1500-3000 RPM's) As was the case for me as well.

Anything over that, and you don't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread