Tick after oil change solved

terminatd

Established Member
I developed a tick right after the first oil change at the local SVT dealer. I was hoping it wasn't the tick and it had me worried. I thought that it could be an exhaust leak and I re-tightened the system. Still ticking, I put the car on ramps and climbed under to isolate the tick-left side. I also found the evidence leading me to the cause, the left cat had been grounded and scraped. The exhaust at the manifold was leaking. The dealer service had grounded it, probably going on the hoist. They also forgot to tighten the friggin oil filter-leaked. The tick is gone and so am I from that Dealer. Ford needs to get its act together or sell these cars without a warranty for 5g's less. Friggen race to the bottom for service.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I'm fixing to have more than 5k in repairs I need the warrenty.I'll pay the extra 5k to have my warrenty.lol

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So since the filter wasnt tightened all the way, were you leaking oil or anything???

Rick

terminatd

Established Member
Yes, the oil filter was leaking enough to coat the cross member and underside but not enough to drip off of the car. I tightened that right after the oil change. My post was intended to inform people who think they may have a tick to triple check the exhaust for leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread