Tick is finally fixed (late build date Cobra)

CobraSS

Established Member
My car was built Feb 03. I called the dealership today and they said they have it fixed. I pick it up tomorrow morning. From what I could get from them is that they ended up retorquing the cams on the drivers side. I will find out more tomorrow after I pick it up and look at all of the paperwork. From what they had told me was that it was passing all of the spec test that Ford was having them do. Don't want to speculate, so I will wait till I talk to them tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested and I will post what they did and found.
Peace

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Good luck, hope it works out for you :)

If I'm not mistaken there is one or more people on this forum that had the re-torque done and the "tick" has not returned.

CobraSS

Established Member
Just got back from getting it. I had to drive about 100 miles to get from the dealer to where I work and it isn't ticking. I am very happy and am praying it stays fixed.

They ran all the test and then took off and inspected all of the cam ladders, one at a time, on the drivers side. Then they retorqued the cam ladders and it seems to be fixed.

:)

CobraSS

Established Member
black10th, Would love to. I thought you were going to the club meet? Don't know if I will make it to the meeting. I'm sick and my kid is starting to get sick. But I will suck it up, to go to the track. I hope to be better by then. Did you improve your times last week? I also have a bunch of questions before we go to the track. Such as,

Price?
Do you need a helmet?
What time is it open?
Is it test and tune or bracket (need shoe polish?)?

I've only run at one track in AZ (very strict) and then in Germany ( not strict at all). Just want to make sure I have all I need when I get there.

On a side note, my wife asked if your wife was interested in emailing her?
peace

texas_snake

Established Member
This is good news!!! I am the one who started the fairly lengthy thread about the head tick for post 02 November cars (but didn't get a chance to respond - been busy). I was waiting to hear how things worked out for you. This is basically what SVT told me that really post 02 Nov cars should just need adjustment, but not really head replacement. Sounds like that was the case for you and hopefully for me as well.

I am going to take mine in next week. This tick is SOOOOOOOOOO obvious I hear it inside the car on the driver's side as I go down the road with the windows up. A bit embarrising when in the car garauge at work. I have to say this tick truly cannot be confused with any injector noise or other "normal" sound, when you have it you will know it and so will Ford techs.

I will follow up on my visit as well, but hopefully this is an easy fix like yours (no head/engine work). Thanks for your feedback CobraSS. We should do a check point down the road to see if all is still quiet. If it never comes back I will be very happy!

Doug..

CobraSS

Established Member
texas_snake,
Yeah that other post kinda got over run. I will definitely be keeping an ear open for it :) I also hope it stays fixed. Good luck with yours. Hope to hear good news from ya soon.

And yes, if you have the tick you will know it!

Users who are viewing this thread