Tick on passenger side back towards firewall

Chovy03

Established Member
I'm a little worried. There is a ticking coming from the back of the passenger side engine bay. As the rpms climb the ticking gets faster. Till about 2-3k then it drops off (or I can't hear it anymore.) I just installed ford gt pumps and prior to that it sat for about a week and a half. I can hear it echoing off the buildings when I'm driving. it doesn't sound like it's coming from exhaust or the headers. Not sure how to post a video on here otherwise I would. It doesn't do it at idle. Not really sure where to start here. Thanks for any and all input.

Chovy03

Established Member
Doesn't seem to have lost any power, checked the spark plugs, ran through what I could get to exhaust wise. Maybe try a heavier oil?

termynator

Established Member
Tick

Pull the plugs on that side and make sure none of them came loose..that is where I would start. I've seen it happen before

Chovy03

Established Member
Yeah I've checked the plugs. It happened right after I changed my oil. Mobile one 5w30. And motorcraft filter. I'm not sure if it's a exhaust leak from the header, or what. Gonna change the oil again and see what that does. But damn it's annoying. And it sounds painful lol if that makes sense.

Chovy03

Established Member
I know on subi forums they talk about how mobil one breaks down fast as hell and no one there uses it. Maybe that's the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread