tick tick tick?

gsloth

Established Member
Sorry to post yet another "I think I have the tick" thread, but here goes. It may be that I am just extra paranoid after reading all these tick threads, but there is a prominent ticking noise when crouched in the wheel well on the driver's side. It is hardly noticeable from the engine bay, but I can hear it sometimes from the wheel well even when sitting in the car, just started doing it this weekend, or at least I started noticing it. So what do you guys think, should I start planning an engine build? (I had planned to down the road anyways, I have the funds to do so now).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyrIYOm6SO0"]YouTube - tick?[/ame]

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Doesn't sound like anything too me. Problem is these motors make alot of wierd noises so its hard to tell.

gsloth

Established Member
+2 doesn't sound like one to me

Yeah it's a little louder than what the video portrays, I am probably just overly paranoid as I tend to have terrible luck and have been really beating on the car lately. Its going on the dyno tomorrow morning to make sure my BAP install is doing its job, so we'll see how she performs. Thanks for the replies though, appreciate it.

Silverboost

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you had the tick I wouldn't be to concerned. There are plenty of Cobra's out there cruising around with the tick for many miles and aren't experiencing any issues.

divided

Established Member
Doesn't sound like anything too me. Problem is these motors make alot of wierd noises so its hard to tell.

QFT. Mine makes a slight noise sometimes as well that sounds like a light tick. I think its just the injectors firing?

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Having the tick is like getting the herp. It may not cause an serious issues or impact performance but it's embarrassing if people can tell. I would get that shit looked at immediately by a qualified professional.

LOL.

Seriously though if something is bad wrong there will be no mistaking it. Go bounce it of the Rev limiter a couple of times. If the sound doesn’t get louder you should be ok. 

Also compression and leak down test will offer peace of mind if they come back ok!

Users who are viewing this thread