"tick"

juicedgt02

Established Member
my buddy bought an 03 few months back and now has close to 2000 miles on it and has discovered the tick, went to the dealership and they send him on his way home saying all cobras do that, I thought this was a recall :shrug: anyway what should he tell them when I tell him to go back and get it fixed. :read:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
There is a TSB. They replace the drivers side head on cobras made before 11/02.

I had mine replaced. It was ok for a while and it started up again. I changed my oil from the factory oil to mobile 1 5w30 and it's been good ever since.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
All of these motors tick to a certain extent....my 01 ticked louder than my 03. Are you sure it's not the injectors

Dave

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
My MK8 ticks a little it's got 158K on it and runs like a champ, uses no oil and nothing's been touched on it. Still has the OE water pump on it. Mobil 1 since I've had it, got it with 55K.

John

juicedgt02

Established Member
so if he switches to a different oil, it will go away? I will tell him to go with Mobil 1, and I am not sure when his car was build, it was one of the left overs from Rodman in Foxboro. The car was running fine untill about 2 weeks ago:read:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
rodman = :xpl:

I bought my saleen from them and would never buy another car there ever again.

Mobile 1 cured my tick. I am a very picky person and I am happy that it's quiet after switching to Mobile 1.

juicedgt02

Established Member
yea he did get it at Rodman and I dont remember what he told me he paid for it, but I think he said 32k, but I am not sure, will ask him next time I see him and his is the 10th anniv.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I bought my 03 Cobra at Bonnell Ford in Winchester.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I bought my 03 Cobra at Bonnell Ford in Winchester.

Users who are viewing this thread