ticket in ohio? (VA resident)

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
hello everyone,
visited friends in ohio this past weekend and got a speeding ticket. i am paying the fine, however i was not sure how it will effect me as a virginia resident. when i asked the state trooper if ohio was a "reporting state" he said no, but he didnt seem to sure of the answer. i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a correct answer.

thanks!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
thank you. will the speeding ticket effect the same as it would a ticket in VA? points wise and what not?

No prob.

That I'm not sure of, I want to say no, but you should contact your State DMV to inquire about how points are assessed for out of State violations. They may have it on their website but I couldn't find anything specific on out of state violations.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Code of Virginia, 46.2-492. Uniform demerit Point System

Paragragh B. The Commissioner shall assaign point values to those convictions received
from any other state of the Unites States, the United States, Canada of its provinces, or
any territorial subdivision of any of them, of an offense therein, which if committed in this
Commonweatlh, would be required to be reported to the Department by 46.2-383.

Paragragh D. Sub 2. Relatively serious traffic offenses such as failure to yield right-
of-way,..........speeding between ten and nineteen miles per hour above the posted
speed limit,.........shall be assigned four demerit points.

Paragragh D. Sub 3. Traffic offenses of a less serious nature such as..........speeding
between one and nine miles per hour above the posted speed limit.......shall be
assigned three demerit points.

OP, if it is reported to VA DMV, then DMV will assign the points based upon VA's point system.

Users who are viewing this thread