tie game my contour vs 5.0 fox

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
he had a cold air and a cat back, 5 speed and i dont know what else. the first race i was on the bottle in every gear and rolled smoke till about 70 (literally) and lost by about a car. the second race i stayed off the bottle in first, let him jump a car on me and then passed him by about 1 1/2 to 2 cars and was still pulling hard. he's got a new rear end to throw in and some headers this week hopefullly we get to race again after he finishes that. i think if i get some sticky tires i can get him off the line though. so far im pretty happy with the tour, the guy i raced said he is anywhere from a 13.9 to a 14.2 on the 1/4, so if i hook up i got a chance at some good times i think :pepper:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Quick little car you have there......a more powerful shot?

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Rolled smoke til 70mph? That was probably clutch smoke, since you aren't making enough power even with a 100 shot to smoke the tires to 70mph. And if you had, these cars don't exactly go anywhere when spinning that bad. But hey, what do I know? :bs:

Mark

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Well, his speedo may have read 70mph if he lit'em up that much.

Nice runs though.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
yes that would be on the speedo, think about that mark. and yeah ask me if you know anything about my car...... i'll get the 35 people that watched me beat the guy to tell you that in every gear including fourth when i hit the button it broke loose after getting traction during the shift...... you got nothin to argue with me about man

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
ClOckwOrk said:
yes that would be on the speedo, think about that mark. and yeah ask me if you know anything about my car...... i'll get the 35 people that watched me beat the guy to tell you that in every gear including fourth when i hit the button it broke loose after getting traction during the shift...... you got nothin to argue with me about man

My car wont hook under 45 on spray but after that its all traction.... :shrug:

Even with 450-500lbs of torque a mustang cant even spin until 70. Still seems like a fast little contour though. I wouldnt push that little duratech too hard though........

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
SpookSVT said:
You'd be surprised at what these things can handle.

I used to have a 99 cougar with the 2.5 duratech. They like to blow the head gaskets on spray. Do not run more than a 75 shot. Just because it says "duratech" doesnt negate the fact that it still has hyperectuic pistons.

The best they will run with a 3Liter hybrid engine, ported heads, true duals, and suspension parts is a high 13 second 1/4 mile.

Nitrous on one of those 3 Liters will just make alot of wheelspin unless you can find some stronger axles for it, slicks, and polyurethane motor mounts.

So after a new engine, new axles, slicks, nitrous, and a tune you can see some low 13's...... :-D

SpookSVT

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
Just because it says "duratech" doesnt negate the fact that it still has hyperectuic pistons.

The 2.5L and pre 00' 3L had poor piston ring land designs. The later revised ones have taken 10lbs from 60 Trim T3/T4 as well as a 100 shot of nitrous fine.

csvtjohnga

Established Member
clockwork STFU you have no idea what your talking about. listen to mark he KNOWS what he's talking about. but like he said what does he know or hell even i know. :loser:

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
haha he's putting down 268 hp with a 3L that aint shat man thats on the spray too i guarantee, i'll listen to blackcoog he's making 225 n/a you bitch you dont know what your talking about, the guy tells me its my clutch burning and ive got 4 patches of black on the ground. he's assuming but he wasnt there and doesnt know. its fine

2slow50

Banned
ClOckwOrk said:
he had a cold air and a cat back, 5 speed and i dont know what else. the first race i was on the bottle in every gear and rolled smoke till about 70 (literally) and lost by about a car. the second race i stayed off the bottle in first, let him jump a car on me and then passed him by about 1 1/2 to 2 cars and was still pulling hard. he's got a new rear end to throw in and some headers this week hopefullly we get to race again after he finishes that. i think if i get some sticky tires i can get him off the line though. so far im pretty happy with the tour, the guy i raced said he is anywhere from a 13.9 to a 14.2 on the 1/4, so if i hook up i got a chance at some good times i think :pepper:
Watched the F&F 2 much. I could spin till 70 on ice!! :lol1:

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
...the guy tells me its my clutch burning and ive got 4 patches of black on the ground. he's assuming but he wasnt there and doesnt know. its fine

Must be an AWD conversion? :loser:

csvtjohnga

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
haha he's putting down 268 hp with a 3L that aint shat man thats on the spray too i guarantee, i'll listen to blackcoog he's making 225 n/a you bitch you dont know what your talking about, the guy tells me its my clutch burning and ive got 4 patches of black on the ground. he's assuming but he wasnt there and doesnt know. its fine

i've owned my car longer then you've been jacking off. i know more about the CDW27 platform then you'll ever know. your a moron, plain and simple. have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread