Tiger racing hood

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, I am looking into getting a fiberglass tiger racing hood for my 12.

For those of you who have it, how is the fitment of it? and does it take massive amounts of prep work to get ready for paint?

Curious if it is indeed worth the $900 price tag.

Thanks

draxxus131

Established Member
To my knowledge from other owners the fit and finish is pretty good. Sometimes I have heard of the corners not sitting flat, but with a heat gun and a cold rag you can push just about everything around with fiberglass.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I heard you want to drive it for a month or so prior to painting. The fiberglass still let's of gasses as they are made to order I believe.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Okay cool so just let it sit out in the sun for a week to let it finish curing. Seems easy enough. I hope it lines up perfectly when I buy one, do not want to go through the hassle of heating it up/putting a cold rag on it to get the corners flush.

That will give me an excuse to spend more time in the shop while the hood sits out.

TEG-84

Established Member
Just a heads up....I had to lower my engine after I installed my Vortech as it was hitting the front passenger louver. I would think it would be the same with a TT or Turbo setup?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Rehagen racing is one town over from me so probably there and no, car is definitely not a DD. It never sees rain and never will see rain.

I guess we shall see if my procharger hits the hood or not.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The car is going to look tits with that hood. Best looking hood for the '11+ mustangs!!!

I hope it will!

Need to get this, HRE wheels, and the boss/CS front valance and my cars exterior will be done. Then need to get my griggs TA/watts linkage on, a roll bar, a built motor, built trans, and CPR's single kit and then the whole car will be done!

Beernuts

Established Member
I debated between the Tiger Racing and the Saleen Powerflow - ended up with the Saleen because I got a ridiculous deal on it locally. Who you planning on having paint it? Post pics when it's done!

lpheaven

Established Member
just do it :) I love it - barely needed to do any adjustments at all
148_zps97729265.jpg

147_zpsb5b57fe7.jpg

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'm probably going to get a Ford dealer or my paint guy to paint it. Do not know yet and I've been too lazy to buy one, maybe I'll get it next month.

lpheaven, that looks really good. What type of adjustments did you have to make to it?

Users who are viewing this thread