Time for a Dyno Day!

C Weil

Established Member
04COBRA-WA said:
I ran at Blood's for tuning purposes, but the HP and TRQ readings were wrong. I want to get a true reading on my HP and TRQ. Brad's Custom Auto won't recommend anyone, so I'd join you guys. Hopefully we can get a group discount. I work with three other 04 Cobra owners and we've been looking for a good dyno.

What do you mean they were "wrong"? In all reality, the HP/TQ readings from a Mustang dyno (like they have at Blood's) is FAR more accurate than the BS numbers from a dynojet. They're "lower", but they're true.

The reason why Brad's won't recommend anyone is because there is NO really good dyno tuning shop in the Northwest. None worth it. Blood's was about the only thing anyone used to use, until they started screwing people and breaking they're stuff (and never taking responsibility). I don't think I'd trust anyone around here to do my tuning.

Off to california it goes. Washington is in DIRE need of a good tuner.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!

I am in for a dyno day also. Either Marysville or Renton is good for me.

Hmwave, Scotland was FANTASTIC. Got my kilt and everything. We lucked out on the weather.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
I wish I had my car together. Probably won't be done till May though. I may go to check out some cars though. I will keep checking in to see where you guys choose to go.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Marysville. Its close, and couple people have dynoed there before with no probs. Intec sounds like just hondas and Acuras......not thanks.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Just got an email from Intec. He wants $700 for the day and then $15 per car for a/f. I think that is kind of high unless we have atleast 12-15 cars. My vote is still for Carb Conn as I feel that shop in Marysville does not maintain their equipment.

Dave

Joe5.0

Established Member
I guess Corb Connections gonna have to do it. Bad memories though. O well they said we can dyno for free.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Their old Saleen was bad luck.....

Last dyno day we had there, the AF was laggin a little bit......

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
At carb connection last year i blew my motor on the dyno, and told them to fox it if it was under 3k. They said no prob. Final Bill 5,200$. F**** Idiots

C Weil

Established Member
Although they should have let you know in the mean time how much it would be, $3000 is really cheap for that much labor- I can't see anyone doing it for that little. Sucks though!

This is the reason, however, that I wouldn't go just about anywhere around here, unless I was doing the tuning myself or bringing someone with me to do it. I just don't trust any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread