• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Time for new tires.

Discussion in '2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustang' started by onmywayout, Jan 8, 2019.

1. onmywayout

onmywayout Registered User

Its about time for some new tires on my 13 Boss. Keeping the stock wheels, and given that the car is very lightly used maybe 1000-2000 miles per year I was thinking something more aggressive for fun. Maybe Pilot Sports 4S, or Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

Is anyone running these tires on stock wheels if so what size, and how do you like them?

2. B7BlownSnake

B7BlownSnake Active Member Established Member

I had Pilot Super Sports on my stock wheels. Completely transformed the car. I never had the PS4S, but my buddy does on his 15 GT and it is also a huge upgrade. Go for it.

3. linderpat

linderpat New Member

What else are you guys recommending? I have a new to me 2012 Leguna with the stock Pirellis on them, and it is time for new tires.

4. KBBoss302

KBBoss302 Active Member Established Member

I have 285/35/20 Michelin PSS at all 4 corners on my Laguna and they are a lot better than the stock PZero Corsas (and approximately 8 million times better than the OE regular PZeros that on my 2012 Boss). I will probably try the Pilot Sport 4S next time. Also, look at the new Bridgestone S007A - I have them on another car and they are superb. Very sharp steering and stiff sidewalls but relatively quiet and refined feeling. They make them in stock Boss sizes.

5. linderpat

linderpat New Member

Thank you

6. IamRacerX

IamRacerX No brand loyalty rhetoric here. Established Member

I have Pilot Sport 4S on my daily SS Sedan and they are amazing tires. I plan to get them on my Boss when it’s time for new tires.