time frame to build trans

bleedout

Established Member
So I pulled and dropped my transmission off to be built last Saturday. Trans guy said he would dig into it and call me with parts list asap. Well today is Thursday and not having heard from him I called him after lunch expecting some sort of information. Well he tells me it's next on his list he is finishing up another transmission, me being aggravated ask him to give me an eta because I have other things on my agenda with the mach and it's holding up a hoist. He pretty much blows off me saying he will get to it asap. Feeling kind of at his mercy I agree. So now I'm pretty much irritated and I don't want to over step and be an ass and piss him off then make my bill sky high. What do you all think is an average turn around time for a trans build? I dropped it off to him at his suggested time after he tells me he can knock it out. Only thing wrong was 2nd gear synchro however I told him I want it stout. Told him replace what's needed with premium parts because I don't want to have to rebuild this trans again. So am I being far to impatient or did this guy just sucker me into dropping it and fixing it at his leisure. It's irritating because I've used him many times with auto trans and he gets them done and out fast. This time I pulled my trans and took it to him thinking a week and it'd be done. He hasn't even looked at it yet. Anyways thought?

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Should take about a day or so of solid work with no interruptions to put one together, less if you are experienced. However shops always have stuff going on. I would factor a couple weeks at least. If parts needed are on backorder that will add time.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I say give it time. If it was a simple job youd have done it yourself. Zak at theT45source had about a month turn around and i was happy with that. You told your guy you want it stout- he has a lot of parts to fix and order.

bleedout

Established Member
Ok. Right on guess I'm being impatient. Just his enthusiasm made me feel like he was going to knock it out quickly. Thankfully I have other mods and upgrades going on the car that I can do now in place of the trans. Just hoping to catch a car show in September.

bleedout

Established Member
Just a heads up if anyone cares. I just picked up my trans from shop. The guy never touched it. Completely wasted my time, so now I'm off today to drop it off at a reputable shop for rebuild, I was so pissed off at this guy I wanted to punch him in the throat. He wouldn't even talk to me, had his Co worker get me my trans back.

Users who are viewing this thread