Time Slips from Drags Fri Night in '01 Cobra

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Ok... finally got them scanned...

Good Night... ;)

CobraSlip1.jpg

Unfortunately... my two best ET & MPH runs were on my Worst 60's... I had two other runs... both with 2.08 60's but I was experimenting with shift points... and thus lost either a lil ET, or a lil MPH...

12.5's are definitely there... had I matched my previous 60's...

Now comes the Borla Exhaust.

Only Mod was a Holley Air Filter.

Peace,

Dave

Last edited:

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
very nice dave.

i went down to carlsbad saturday and let me say that the track times were less than optimal. it was cold (50's), it had rained the night before, and there was absolutely no traction available.

my best times were:

14.5/100
14.7/97
14.7/86

a full 1 second slower than what the car is capable of. i tried everything i could to get the tires to stick, but nothing worked. i think i'll have to wait until the fontana track opens up again and try again.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Not bad times. Do those IRS hold up pretty good??? I know the modded TBird SCs still use those.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
QuickSnake... I just noticed that... sorry... that should have said 13.5's are obtainable! :rolling: (I am used to owning only 12 sec cars!)

The car is now running 13.30's @ 105+ with just Borla Cat Back, and Holley Airfilter and Dead Drag Radials.

RTStabler... the IRS has been great... as long as you deliver smooth clutch engagement... it is fine.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread