Time to add another fuel pump

NATEHAWK

Did some data logging and I'm in the market to add bother GT40 pump modded FPDM and go to a 40amp BAP to handle the two pumps. I tried to upgrade the wiring and add in a relay to supply 12v from my battery but as you see in the graph I'm still maxing my fuel pump out at 4500rpm and above.
0ce40dbe-b858-aaf3.jpg

musclemerc

Established Member
How much power are you at Nate?

Return systems are an easy way out but if you want to stay returnless then I would upgrade EVERYTHING, not just the FPDM, wires, and pumps

Go to the junkyard and get an evap line and a FDPM wiring harness from any CV/GM. This line is the 1/2" hardline that runs along with the stock fuel line. It already has the correct bends and will give you more volume to the engine.

I got this diagram from Brian (fordnut)

fordnutsfuelsystem.jpg

I would like to see someone take this setup to the next level and run two 1/2" lines to the engine bay and send each line to a single fuel rail then add a second FRPS.

In addition to the two 1/2" fuel lines add in a second FDPM. I know it would be overkill but you will never have fuel issues no matter what power level your at

I have been playing with the idea on building a black box that will accept 2 FRPS in and send a single (balanced) out to the PCM. The other option would be to run 2 fuel pressure guages and still do 2 FRPS sensors. One FRPS will go to the PCM and send the other FRPS to the input of a datalogger

Good Luck with your project!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread