Time to eat the humble pie. iphone coming to Big Red.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I was planning on jumping to a Droid with my upgrade in March, but if this happens I'll be waiting....

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Its not "if" anymore. Its when ;)

I love my Droid. Never had an issue with the iPhone overall. Its a nice phone. AT&T just blows where I am.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Yeah I'm not slamming AT&T by any means. It does have a lot to do with where you live and their data network IS faster, assuming you get 3G coverage where you live. The service isn't my beef, it's AT&T's customer service. Again, it's different for everyone but they ripped me off twice for a total of $600.

I also read that manufacturers in Thailand (or where ever the iphone is assembled) were told to start prepping for mass production. Why would they start a mass production when their contract is up in June? Hmmmm....

Anyways, the press conference is sometime today. Not sure of the exact time or if it's going to be streamed online but iphone aside, I'm excited to get details about their tablet.

50 Proof

Established Member
lol, no iphone news for the apple fan boys :lol: Just a really queer oversized ipod touch without a real operating system, or multitasking, or a camera for video conferencing, or flash support. Weren't fanboys also hoping for an oled screen, which Apple also failed to deliver? Looks like a big iFail to me :lol:

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
I had AT&T for 4 years and while their coverage wasn't horrible where I lived their customer service was! I ended up on a family plan with verizon and have had no complaints in 2 years. Anytime I needed help with something I called or went to the store and it was solved, AT&T could never do that for me.

I also don't get the hype over the iPhone. By now aren't there better phones that do more? I like it and all but I'll stick to my free upgrades.

2k3gt

Established Member
Verizon and Sprint networks aren't capable of talk and data simultaneously. It's not that Verizon doesn't allow it, it's that they aren't capable of supporting it.

I like how this is AT&Ts only rebuttal to Verizon's coverage; like when they make the little red balls fall off Verizon's map because "they can't talk and surf at the same time" lol. If you REALLY need to check something on the internet so bad RIGHT THAT SECOND, why can't you just say "I'll call ya back"? :shrug:

kameleongt

Established Member
Verizon and Sprint networks aren't capable of talk and data simultaneously. It's not that Verizon doesn't allow it, it's that they aren't capable of supporting it.

I actually found this curious and tried it with my phone I set a download from 4shared and called my phone and the file is still downloading. I only stayed on the phone for a a little bit but did notice the file kept on going. i just tried it again for a little longer closed my call screen and the download kept going.

Users who are viewing this thread