Time to replace clutch

pwnyryd

Established Member
2012 SVT. This clutch was a Exedy Mach 600 (I believe) in the car when I bought it as the second owner. I've put 60K miles on it myself, the last 3K included steep mountain roads (many dirt roads) when I started noticing it was very hard to find gears: First, second and reverse was almost impossible, Replaced it with a stock 2012 Ford clutch, it's MUCH easier to shift, drive and and just feels better. The Exedy had a tiny friction zone, it was almost on/off, where this is more like a daily driver feel. I also replaced the flywheel, TO bearing and clutch line with a braided SS and the tranny fluid with Mobil 1 ATF. I will say that Exedy lasted at least 60K miles, no slippage, but I received two bad flywheels in a row from Exedy when I tried to replace it with the same clutch. (could not press-fit the pins in, the drilled holes were not to spec as far as I could tell). Exedy support was very helpful. Loving the stock clutch so far, next mod is to address the suspension. Car is now 100% stock, I'm falling in love with it again.

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread