Time Warner Internet Sucks

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I recently got a brand new Imac with all the options and upgrades. The internet seemed very slow, so I upgraded it a notch. It's been to an upgraded speed for a while and it's still slow as hell. I went to speedtest.net and my DL is 760kbps and my UL is 125kbps. Ridiculously horrible. I compared my results to the average in Africa. Africa by far exceeds me. My wife talked to them, and they say that they promise more that 760kbps for DLs. That doesn't help me when African villages that are dying of starvation have a faster internet that me. (why don't they buy food rather than internet). I'm sick of this.

I'm going to call these assholes up tomorrow and give them hell. How do I get them to stop continually raping us? Any advice? I wish we could settle disputes with swords like in the old days.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member

thats what i got?

And that's what I wish I had. These guys suck. Sometimes our phone won't work at all. Sometimes our DVR won't record. And these assholes are the rulers of my city when it comes to this. I'm tired of talking to some Indian guy named Bob in India. I'll probably head up to their headquarters tomorrow and have a one-on-one.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Their customer service is terrible, but I've never had a problem with the internet.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Yup TW Cable sucks sometimes. For me mostly at night, i get disconnected all the time and its slow as shit.

When i call them they do the usual routine telling me to turn off my comp, disconnect power from the modem and restart my comp. It never works.

Then when they cant figure anything out they blame it on my wireless router company which is Linksys.

Dont even get me started on the customer service at linksys.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Complain until you get the speeds you want. Whenever I get out of the promotional period where the price goes up, I just call and tell them that I want to cancel my service. They always put me back on the promotional price.

On My MacBook Air
433900086.png

Fire Pig

Established Member
Im not gonna even post mine.

Download 14kb/s

Upload 8kb/s

Baghdad, Iraq crappy wireless Omnnea EC121 USB Modem...FTML!!!

God I would be happy just to have a 56K dial up connection here!
This place is a true shathole indeed!

99cobra302

Established Member
i get good speed from comcast. i originally got the 8mb service from them and it was good, then a month ago they sent me a letter in the mail saying that "due to recent upgrades in my area" i got bumped up the the 16mb service, but only have to pay for the 8mb service.

2 megabyte per second downloads are awesome!!!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I recently got a brand new Imac with all the options and upgrades. The internet seemed very slow, so I upgraded it a notch. It's been to an upgraded speed for a while and it's still slow as hell. I went to speedtest.net and my DL is 760kbps and my UL is 125kbps. Ridiculously horrible. I compared my results to the average in Africa. Africa by far exceeds me. My wife talked to them, and they say that they promise more that 760kbps for DLs. That doesn't help me when African villages that are dying of starvation have a faster internet that me. (why don't they buy food rather than internet). I'm sick of this.

I'm going to call these assholes up tomorrow and give them hell. How do I get them to stop continually raping us? Any advice? I wish we could settle disputes with swords like in the old days.
Wow sucks for you, been having road runner for years and not one single problem. Really rare when it looses connection or anything like that and its incredibly fast. Will post mine when I get home im at work right now and all they have is piece of crap DSL!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I work for Comcast and the speeds Comcast has now is pretty damn good. 48/12 is definetly quick

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ya I noticed that when they came out with the "turbo" roadrunner crap mine started to go slower. basicly I think they slow your comp down so you are forced to upgrade.

I hate time warner. but they are all we have in the area. just last nite we were watching on demand movie it froze up on us. then it wouldnt reload. so I called customer service and this is the 1st thing it said "your expected wait time is over 30 min" and litterally at 31 min the lady came on. luckily they fixed the issue but to wait 30 min to talk to someone?

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Its become clock-work as to when my internet is going to start to suck balls.. Every friday it hits at 8:00pm on the dot. I will be getting awesome speeds prior to that. Then bam. it jumps all over the place. I was watching it go from 55mbps to 57mbps then to 19mbps. They say its from a lot of people using the internet at the sametime, but Saturdays is worse around 1am-6am, (dont ask why I'm up that late). I think they are throttling our bandwith but I have no proof to back this up.

Users who are viewing this thread