Timing belt questions..

KwikSilvr

Established Member
I have 104K miles on this car, I just bought and am unsure when the belts were last changed...

I was told that If I do this, I need to replace the belt 2 pullies and the tensioner.... I was also told to do the water pump while there... is this true?

can you give me some part numbers for this belt kit? or the individual part nu,mbers for these parts?

also is the water pump the same as the non svt focus 2.0?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I have 104K miles on this car, I just bought and am unsure when the belts were last changed...

I was told that If I do this, I need to replace the belt 2 pullies and the tensioner.... I was also told to do the water pump while there... is this true?

can you give me some part numbers for this belt kit? or the individual part nu,mbers for these parts?

also is the water pump the same as the non svt focus 2.0?

When I did my timing belt I replaced the following:
-drivebelt tensioner & idler pullies
-timing belt tensioner & idler pullies
-water pump
-Gates timing belt, can't remember where I ordered it from, probably Gates themselves. Google it

FORDSVTPARTS can get you all the Ford parts for these aside from the Gates timing belt.

KwikSilvr

Established Member

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
autozone people are ****ing retarded, avoid it.

NAPA is better, and has Gates parts, if you want aftermarket parts.

I do NOT recommend buying such a critical piece of your rotating assembly from ebay. Get it from Tously ford, it doesnt cost that much more, and you are getting quality Ford parts.

your "vin code 5" is the SVT designator, you have the 2.0 DOHC motor, with the variable cam timing on the head.

Users who are viewing this thread