Timing procedure needed for 4.6 2V...in a JAM!!

matted2thefloor

Established Member
...only thing is the motor is a 94 Merc Grand Marquis 4.6. The timing procedure I have is NOT very good and after setting it up and attempting to rotate the crankshaft to verify...I get piston-to-valve contact. I need to see if anyone can get me the official timing procedure with diagrams to time this motor.

Thanks in advance...

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
what about all the BS of mustang shops charging 9-1200 bucks to install cams and new chains, is it really that hard or is it to just get your money?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
what about all the BS of mustang shops charging 9-1200 bucks to install cams and new chains, is it really that hard or is it to just get your money?

installing cams and chains on a motor thats out of the car takes about 10-15 minutes. If your doing it with the motor in the car it can take several hours depending

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
then its just a matter of setting up the timing wheel on the crank and lining the cams up with the correct timing marks. If youve done it before its easy with the motor out of the car. The stock cams shouldnt need degreeing, but it never hurts to check it

im going to be building a new motor and figured id toss in a set of cams.

Users who are viewing this thread