Tint & Clear film Done - 20% all the way around

blair223

Established Member
Here are some quick shots with 20% tint on side windows and rear window. Really cools things off inside and have no issues with seeing out during the day. Have not tried night driving yet. Really glad I switched order from 35% to 20%.

Also got 3M clear film on full hood, front bumper, full front fenders, side view mirrors, and wheel wells on rear. They did a great job, almost impossible to tell its on. They cut film around the matt stripes too.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
can i get some up close hood shots. what brand of clear film did you go with? #M
Scotchguard or 3M VentureShield? And problems wtih heat damage on the hood?

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
can i get some up close hood shots. what brand of clear film did you go with? #M
Scotchguard or 3M VentureShield? And problems wtih heat damage on the hood?

x2 on this. So they cut the film with a blade on the car around the stripes? I don't think I could trust anyone enough to do that to mine.

blair223

Established Member
Scotchgard or 3M VentureShield? And problems with heat damage on the hood?

It's 3M Scotchgard. They did not have to cut on car. They were able to line up one edge on the outside of each line and then trim off excess. Not sure how they did between lines but it looks great. They can't guarantee 100% no imperfections with the large surface area that is covered, but got pretty darn close.

Will try to get some closeups but photographing clear film on black does not really show much. I'll experiment with some lighting techniques

No heat damage that I have seen. Only been on a couple days though so will keep an eye out for that although it seems unlikely that would happen.

As for maintenance they said just to wipe it off occasionally with Meguiar's Quik Detailer spray

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
It's 3M Scotchgard. They did not have to cut on car. They were able to line up one edge on the outside of each line and then trim off excess. Not sure how they did between lines but it looks great. They can't guarantee 100% no imperfections with the large surface area that is covered, but got pretty darn close.

Will try to get some closeups but photographing clear film on black does not really show much. I'll experiment with some lighting techniques

No heat damage that I have seen. Only been on a couple days though so will keep an eye out for that although it seems unlikely that would happen.

As for maintenance they said just to wipe it off occasionally with Meguiar's Quik Detailer spray

Thanks. Cost?

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Looks good, but I really need to see a 13 vert with tinted windows, anyone?

Last edited:

walked_u_hard

Established Member
driving at night with 20% is worse than wearing sun glasses at night. i always had to crack my windows to see median strips after stop lights so i wouldnt run them over lol

blair223

Established Member
Dirty Tires....Geez.

Yea, the road I live on was dug up last week and they poured 8" of large aggregate gravel. Luckily there is a turn off 100ft from my driveway but makes it impossible to keep the tires clean. Probably be weeks before they repave. PITA!

Thanks. Cost?

Not cheap, $700 for partial front, $1200 for full front, partial rear

5% or bust

That would be instant bust (by the PoPo). No tint allowed in NY on side windows so I'm hoping they have bigger fish to fry.

driving at night with 20% is worse than wearing sun glasses at night. i always had to crack my windows to see median strips after stop lights so i wouldnt run them over lol

Drove home first time at night tonight. Left hand turns a bit tough. Everything else was fine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread