Tint... not the usual question(LEO's only please)

eightballrj

Established Member
Well, I have "less than legal tint" 28 is legal and I bought the car with 25.6-27(metered at inspection station) on the side and a WHOPPING SIX percent on the back glass. I was shocked about the back glass to say the least.

I really don't want to pay for the back glass to be re-tinted.

If I am pulled over what is my best plan of action to make the officer feel comfortable, especially at night?

The way I figured... roll both front windows all the way down and turn on interior lights.

I don't and have never drank and drove and have never done drugs so I really don't have anything to hide.

Any other advice?

eightballrj

Established Member
28% all around here. But, legality isn't in question... its not legal. I just am wondering what officers would like to see in order to feel comfortable with a stop and not feel threatened since they can't see in a car.

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
Well to be honest, it looks like you already know what you SHOULD do. We (LEO'S) will always tell you to make your tint legal. Its a huge officer safety issue. I think putting the windows down and turning the interior light on is at least a good start. I'm not sure you are going to get any answers much different from mine. I say REMOVE IT, and make everyone happy. :thumbsup:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
first and foremost, understand that the vehicle as it rolls down the public street, if what u stated is correct, is in violation of your state's traffic code. so from the start u are in the wrong, whether u put on the tint or not is not relevant. with that out of the way, as an officer, as long as the person i pull over has a decent attitude, i usually dont scratch him all the tickets i possibly can. all officers are different though, keep this in mind. but usually as long as u dont start running ur mouth u probably will be fine. like u said urself, if u roll the windows down and turn on the lights, u should be ok. to make the officer feel even safer, u could put ur hands on the top of your door, or stick them out the window. the officer will most likely appreciate it. but remember he can write u a ticket for it. i say just dont be surprised if u get that one officer that had a bad day. u can either wait for the ticket or just save a little money and have it fixed. if its that close to the limit the officer probably wont notice unless he has a tint meter. good luck.

CSD

Banned
Well, I have "less than legal tint" 28 is legal and I bought the car with 25.6-27(metered at inspection station) on the side and a WHOPPING SIX percent on the back glass. I was shocked about the back glass to say the least.

I really don't want to pay for the back glass to be re-tinted.

If I am pulled over what is my best plan of action to make the officer feel comfortable, especially at night?

The way I figured... roll both front windows all the way down and turn on interior lights.

I don't and have never drank and drove and have never done drugs so I really don't have anything to hide.

Any other advice?

If you're worried enough to start a thread on it, change it to legal specs. Should cost less then 100 bucks.

As for being stopped at night, do as you say you do already and you'll be fine. If I feel the need arises, I also order the driver to keep both his hands on the steering wheel.

Common

Established Member
If you're worried enough to start a thread on it, change it to legal specs. Should cost less then 100 bucks.

As for being stopped at night, do as you say you do already and you'll be fine. If I feel the need arises, I also order the driver to keep both his hands on the steering wheel.

OFF TOPIC!!!

That your saleen?

Users who are viewing this thread