Tip your valet well

Common

Established Member
While in high school I used to have a job as a valet, never did anything like this.

2k3gt

Established Member
So now I should tip a minimum of 5 bucks just so the guy will do his job and not mess up my car?...Yeah, that's not how it works.

Very weird though..RIGHT as I was posting this, the story came on tv, haha.

Last edited:

svtwelch711

Established Member
I dropped off one of my cobras to a local tire shop 2 yrs back and smelled a little clutch smell when i picked it up (brand new clutch btw).

I had reset the GPS trip in the car when i dropped it off.....didnt tell them.

went to pick it up the car had been driving 35 miles w/ top speeds over 120 if i remember right.

It did not go over well with me, nor was i amused (they made it right later though).

Dont trust anyone with your car if you arent there to watch them :dw:

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
While in high school I used to have a job as a valet, never did anything like this.

I think most people are trustworthy with property of others. I've never worked as a valet, but was a lot attendant in high school for a dealership, which carries some of the same responsibilities.

I wouldn't have even thought about abusing a car like that!

Common

Established Member
So now I should tip a minimum of 5 bucks just so the guy will do his job and not mess up my car?...Yeah, that's not how it works.

:lol:

I take it you dont tip your food servers as well?

Ummmm, I bet you have eaten some grade A boogers in your food over the years.

2k3gt

Established Member
:lol:

I take it you dont tip your food servers as well?

Ummmm, I bet you have eaten some grade A boogers in your food over the years.

I usually tip about 20%, so you're wrong there. Also..the tip comes after the meal is eaten, genius.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I don't even like letting the guy at the car wash pull mine through...
Some of those dumb****s will **** around, completly oblivious to the fact that the owner is WAITING on premisis.
I had to pull a guy out by his ear one time he pissed me off so bad.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I usually tip about 20%, so you're wrong there. Also..the tip comes after the meal is eaten, genius.

If you really care about your car, in your case I recommend DIY parking.
I've tip nice BEFORE I turn the keys over..I make eye contact,shake the guys hand & thank the valet for his help.
Never had a problem.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I wouldnt even let someone park a 400 doller rust bucket, let alone a nice car i own

03SonicStang

Established Member
Not to sound stupid but do you tip before? I've always tipped after,about 5 bucks. I would never leave my "good cars" but I've left my DD's a couple of times. Well, i guess I'm walking now!!

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
If you really care about your car, in your case I recommend DIY parking.
I've tip nice BEFORE I turn the keys over..I make eye contact,shake the guys hand & thank the valet for his help.
Never had a problem.

thats the way to do it... but you also have to tip when you receive your car as well. I valeted for three years when i was younger. great job, good pay, and if your a car guy like me its awesome to see and drive the cars. i worked at a few high end places. Got to meet a lot of famous people and gotten to drive some awesome vehicles. But this one apple spoiled the whole batch. This does not happen 99% of the time.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Not to sound stupid but do you tip before? I've always tipped after,about 5 bucks. I would never leave my "good cars" but I've left my DD's a couple of times. Well, i guess I'm walking now!!

thats what i thought as well, i always tip about 5 bucks after. i only valet if i absolutely have to.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
That is always a concern..i had a similar story with a firestone on my 99 cobra.

Took it in and then later heard it (worked a block away and it had magnapacks/bassani mid), and saw a bright red, black top covertable cobra speeding down the road at WOT. Not only did they deny it (includng managers), they tried to make me pay for them to figure out wht was wrong even though they never found anything cause it "took the whole day"

One of the MANY reasons i am so paranoid about my cars. Just sucks you cant trust anyone. Glad i saw that video...I wont be valet parking my car anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread