Tips for detailing new paint?

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
Greetings all! My Mach was recently repainted (March 24th, was taken down to metal and completely repainted) and I was wondering if there's any tips for caring of brand new paint? Also, what's recommend for Competition Orange?

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Wait a few months to wax or seal to allow the paint to fully cure. You can use Meguair's #7 till your face turns blue until then for shine and protection.

SNmustang95

Established Member
Don't touch it. But I your itching to repair swirls and marks the body shop may have left behind it needs to have no silicon in it. Companies such as menzerna, HD, and meguiars are all body shop safe. DO NOT WAX you will ruin the paint. Unless it was baked, then that changes everything.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Don't touch it. But I your itching to repair swirls and marks the body shop may have left behind it needs to have no silicon in it. Companies such as menzerna, HD, and meguiars are all body shop safe. DO NOT WAX you will ruin the paint. Unless it was baked, then that changes everything.

this. its ok to cut it with compound that is body shop safe as stated but DONT WAX IT! wait 90 days at least depending on the paint used

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
this. its ok to cut it with compound that is body shop safe as stated but DONT WAX IT! wait 90 days at least depending on the paint used

As I stated above, Meguair's #7. It has oils that are beneficial to new paint. No wax or cleaners, think protein for paint.

mp23

Established Member
help a newbie out here, doesn't the clear actually protect the paint? does the clear need to cure for a while? what about a new car?

SNmustang95

Established Member
help a newbie out here, doesn't the clear actually protect the paint? does the clear need to cure for a while? what about a new car?

A new car paint has been baked and is okay to detail and apply waxes, sealants, and coatings.

Users who are viewing this thread