Tips on MM CC plate install

mtb01

Established Member
My brother and I will be installing mm Caster Camber plates tomorrow. For all of those that have done this there self, give me some tips to make the job easier than what the long instructions say. :beer:

pony23

Established Member
The job isnt bad at all. Not really any tips. It is pretty strait forward.

Coiled03

Established Member
Make sure you drill the hole in the right place the FIRST time. I did, but I know I'd be pissed if I hadn't.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Read the directions thoroughly! Also, if you have a punch handy it makes drilling the new hole centered a whole lot easier. Before you install them also, take note of where your current alignment is close to with a grease pencil or something so when you install the new plates you can ball park the adjustment until you get it to an alignment shop.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Buy the smaller bilstein dust covers. You'll need 'em. ;-)

Thats what I was wondering, I know you need um for coilovers but, do
you need them for factory bilsteins. I'm only installing the plates. I looked at MM site and they say you need them, but it doesn't say for aftermarket or factory. I hope not, cause just ordered them, and was told I didn't need the dust boots from who I bought them from.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Thats what I was wondering, I know you need um for coilovers but, do
you need them for factory bilsteins. I'm only installing the plates. I looked at MM site and they say you need them, but it doesn't say for aftermarket or factory. I hope not, cause just ordered them, and was told I didn't need the dust boots from who I bought them from.

Yes, you'll need them. I heard a few on here saying they didn't need them but more people saying they did. So I didn't buy them hoping I'd be lucky. Then when the install started, I found out real quick that I DID need them.

The guys at Lethal said they didn't need them on a vert they did. But every guy with a coupe I've talked to said they needed them, including me.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Thank for the reply, that does suck cause I wanted to order it all one
time, and I was told the wrong info. :lol:

stangkid

Established Member
I was told by MM that i wouldnt need the dust covers too becauses Bilsteins have an internal o ring that keeps dust out but i went ahead and ordered them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread