Tire and Wheel Cleaner

railroad

Established Member
Just messed up and bought 2 bottles of Black Magic tire and wheel cleaner. It is for all wheel finishes.
The stuff is junk. Would not remove any recognizable amount of brake dust and had little to no affect on the tires.
You guys are probably already experienced enough to select a brand that works for you.
I normally buy Eagle One and was pleased with the results.
I did not see it on the shelf and thought, cannot be much difference, WRONG.
I called their 800 line and left a message. Tried to just inform them the product did not work, maybe more effective. Told them, I was not worried about a refund, did not want to go through the hassle.
Hope this saves someone some frustration.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I use Adams tire and wheel cleaner all in one as well as their wheel cleaner which is really acidic and works very well on caked on brake dust.

railroad

Established Member
I use Adams tire and wheel cleaner all in one as well as their wheel cleaner which is really acidic and works very well on caked on brake dust.
I will look that up, but need something safe on all wheels and finishes. I have several rides, with different wheels. I am a little over cautious on paint contact too.
thanks,

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I use the 2-1 on my chrome wheels. My mustang.

I use the wheel cleaner on stock wheels. My Lightning and Suburban.

@railroad

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I use auto-glym works well on brake dust and road dirt, this is the tire dressing, out of wheel cleaner ATM

Attachments

• IMG_5560.jpeg
    IMG_5560.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread