Tire help...

radaman

Established Member
Currently running nitto dr's. What is a good tire besides DR's to get good traction in dry cond. Ive narrowed the choices to Brigestone re050 or so-2's, yoko advan sports, bfg KD's. Should I judge the stickiness by the treadwear rating as I dont really know. DR's are awesome, but a bit slippery when wet...and thats doing no more than 50mph in the rain. Thx for all replies.

Kenny H

Established Member
Currently running nitto dr's. What is a good tire besides DR's to get good traction in dry cond. Ive narrowed the choices to Brigestone re050 or so-2's, yoko advan sports, bfg KD's. Should I judge the stickiness by the treadwear rating as I dont really know. DR's are awesome, but a bit slippery when wet...and thats doing no more than 50mph in the rain. Thx for all replies.

I had Pirelli PZero Neiros on our GTO and it was an excellent all around tire. Tirerack had them on clearance awhile back, unfortunately I think they are back to being fairly expensive again.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
From experience Potenzas have been AWESOME in the rain and decent in light snow... I don't have near the power some of the guys on here do so I can't say how well they would do on a high power car but my cam,stalled LT1 (350rwhp) got around in the snow ok on RE930s (245/50R16s)....

I just recently got Continental ContiExtremeContact for the Camaro (should be here Monday)..they were only 82 bucks a peice on tirerack and rated high in moderate to light snow and did well in the rain as well. I was going to go with Potenzas again but it was 165 dollars vs 82 per tire and I just decided to go cheap this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread