tire help

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I'm trying to figure out which tires to buy for my 18x9 saleens. At first I was wanting 275s all the way around but it seems 265s are quite a bit cheaper for most tires would it be worth it to go ahead for the 275s?

My Mach is a DD, with no drag racing use or anything like that. Even though it's a DD I don't drive it that much. When it snows/ices or anything it just sits so I don't need a snow tire.

I don't want something so cheap I have to worry about hydroplaning or buying a new set of tires a few months later because the thread wears too fast. I also can't afford something ridiculous. I was looking at the Nitto 555s on AM simply because of the discount with them makes them a little cheaper. Also was checking out the Continental DW. Thanks for the advice!

Shackleford

Established Member
I like 265/35 up front on my car. They would probably look good for the back too, maybe with like a 1/2" spacer... I really don't have advice which tire to go with.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
Personally I don't think any tire under 275 looks right on a 9 wide rim looks right. But its all about personal taste I guess. A 265 will work fine. I'm running falken on my Mach, pretty decent tires.

Monster Mach

Established Member
that whole 10 mm diff wont matter... i run my cooper zenon 2xs cheaper than nitto grip better than nitto and they have better ratings... my choice

EVO-lution

Established Member
that whole 10 mm diff wont matter... i run my cooper zenon 2xs cheaper than nitto grip better than nitto and they have better ratings... my choice

+1....I bought 265/35/18 Cooper tires for my front rims. lasted 2 summers(20,000miles???). and they were only $140 for both of them:beer:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I ran 285 BFG's and 285 Bridgestones out back. Both were reasonably priced and were great all around tires in wet, dry, cold etc.... just stay away from Suckytomos. By far the worst tire I've ever had.

josh goodwin

03 black 6speed mach 1
Established Member
better get something wider than that bc i have 275s and they want hook at all i would say 295s on the back. wednesday im getting 315 30 18 falken 615k:rockon: this should stop all that spining lol

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
better get something wider than that bc i have 275s and they want hook at all i would say 295s on the back. wednesday im getting 315 30 18 falken 615k:rockon: this should stop all that spining lol

:dw:Was that English? hahah

I'm no expert but me getting 275s and 295s probably won't make much of a difference considering I don't drag race or anything anyways, but that wasn't my question anyways. Thanks for the advice on which tires to go with though!
:poke:

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
if my thinking is corrrect, i dont think a 295 tire is recommended to be stuffed on a 9" wide wheel lol. i will have to look into these cooper tires you guys speak of for my car next year

Users who are viewing this thread