Tire Opinions please

EZMachN

Established Member
This is probably beat to death, but I read alot on search and still havn't figured out which to go...My 18x9 Fr500's coming in Monday and I have to call and order my tires....I have an 03 Mach1 w/ predator to recalibrate speedo...Which do you think is best? Nitto 555s all around, 275x35x18 or 275x40x18

Thanks

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
After doing months of research, I decided to get the Goodyear GS-D3's this spring. It seems that everyone likes those the best.

The Nitto's fare very well too.

It's tough to make a decision when it comes to tires, especially when you really need better traction, but don't want a DR.

EZMachN

Established Member
I'm not needing help on tire brand, I'm stuck between the tire sizes...Anyone have suggestions between a 35 series and 40 series?

CATMACH

Crazy
Established Member
A firey moat with flame proof aligators, IN
The 275/35 18 would be very close to the same diamiter as the stock 245/45 17. The 275/40 18 would be around an inch taller. I would go with the 35's and you should not have to recal you speedo, there is only .10 inch difference in the overall height. With the 40's you would be off by 2-3 mph and might need to recal. Also, if you stray too far from the stock size, there may be issues with the ABS but I'm not relly sure at what point you have to worry about that so you might want to check before you go with the 40's. What finish are your FR 500's? Those are sweet rims.

Last edited:

wrenchturner

Established Member
NyteByte said:
After doing months of research, I decided to get the Goodyear GS-D3's this spring. It seems that everyone likes those the best.

The Nitto's fare very well too.

It's tough to make a decision when it comes to tires, especially when you really need better traction, but don't want a DR.

I have a set of the GS-D3's on my snake and i love them. hold the corners awesome. Surprised me how good there were on the highway in heavy rain too. but OMG the spray they tossed up behind me at 85 MPH. I'm a mechanic in a tire wholesaler here in mass. I could have picked anything I wanted. The looks of the GS-D3's are like no other. Look awesome under the car :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread