Tire Question 2011 Brembo Package

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
The time has come for new tires, got 30,000 miles out of my original P Zeros, any recommendations for general use, it's my daily driver so I'm looking for something a little harder compound than the P Zeros.

Thanks

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Continental DWS if you're looking for more life than 30k which is ridiculous already in my eyes on a performance car, dd or not.

kingnut

Established Member
30k miles out of summer performance tires on a 400HP car is phenomenal. unless your just doing burn outs and blowing away the tires i would get another set of pirelli's. good tires will save your ass.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2's. I have them and love them. Supposed to last longer than the pirellis and provide much better performance.

kingnut

Established Member
BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2's. I have them and love them. Supposed to last longer than the pirellis and provide much better performance.

Yes they will last longer they are a harder rubber. No they will not provide better traction because they are a harder rubber. So no they wont perform better.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member

Hey i want these tires. Do they pick up stones like the pirellis? I cant stand the oem tires.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Yes they will last longer they are a harder rubber. No they will not provide better traction because they are a harder rubber. So no they wont perform better.

I own the Sport Comp 2's, this is a brand new compound from BF Goodrich, it uses the same technology found in the Michelin Super Sports. They have a longer tread life rating than the stock pirrelis, and they are significantly softer and stickier. I have had them on for over 1000 miles now.

Last edited:

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Hey i want these tires. Do they pick up stones like the pirellis? I cant stand the oem tires.

They both pick up stones and fling them back about the same. Can't really tell the difference. But for the price and performance you get, they can't be beat. I love them.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have a set of Potenza RE-960's on mine. They are alright. They do great in the rain, and are nice and quiet, but they are not anywhere near as sticky as the stock tires were. They've also been on there for about as long now too (stock tires only lasted me about 12k miles) and aren't even half worn.

I'll give the BFG's a shot next, as long as they are an all season. My car is a year round DD.

t-ray

Established Member
I'm going to go with Sumitomo HTR ZIII's. I ran these on my previous car, and was very pleased with longevity, initial turn-in, stability, and lateral grip. Really great tires, for literally half the price of the OE tires.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Continental DWS if you're looking for more life than 30k which is ridiculous already in my eyes on a performance car, dd or not.

^^^^ Also a very Light Tire at only 25lbs front & 27lbs rear (Vs most that are in the 29-31lb range!)

How do find out the "Compound" the tires are?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Company websites usually have an overview of their compound. You will never truly know what makes up a tire compound without material testing from a reputable lab.

OP I'd like to see pics of your 30k Pirellis. That is still making me scratch my head a bit. How do you drive the car? Granny shifting at 2k stop light to stop light?

saunupe1911

Established Member
Hankook Ventus V12 for best price, great stickiness, comfort, and quietness and slightly less tire life than the Super Sports

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
just throwing another tire into the mix, the new mickey thompson STREET COMP. Looks good on paper, havent tried it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread