Tire Question

darkecho

Established Member
I hope you guys can help me out. What is the biggest size rims that I could fit underneath a stock height 1st Gen L without having any kind of clearance problems? I need to know how big I can go. Also, the other question is...i'm about to buy 2 new tires from a buddy at work. They came off of his Cobra...I'm not sure of the EXACT size, but they are Comp TA's....they are somewhere around the 305/65/17 size.....do you guys know if I would have any kind of clearance problems with those? Any help is greatly appreciated because I am badly in need of new tires and I need to buy them from him quick. Thanks in advance.

sstock

Established Member
Really, 65 series tires seem awful tall for a Cobra. Maybe 45 series?
On the backs you can run for sure a 295 width tire in an 17 or 18" rim, 5.5" back spacing. I've heard of 305's will fit as well.
Fronts I dont believe you can go much wider than stock

comaz

Be careful with oversized tires, as it tends to make the front shimmy and wobble. You'd be better off with stock sized tires. My '94 had that problem until I went back to stock sized tires.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I think that putting a 305 series tire would give you sone problems I would stick with 275 series that came on the truck to start with, thats a pretty meaty tire already might want to get a sticky one such as a Nitto 555 Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread