Tire Question

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

I'm in the process of putting 16" slicers on my '89 and have a question. What was the O.E.M. tire on the '93? I'm thinking it was a Good Year GA if my memory serves me correctly? Can someone please confirm?

I had two sets of 15" B.F. Goodrich Comp TA's on the '89 before and I was not too happy with the ride. On my last set (which are now coming off the car) I had run some BFG Touring radials and although they we not quite the performance tire the Comp's were, I was much happier with the ride.

The 'sale' price I got from my tire guy for these Good Year GA's is $79.00 each (mounted, balanced and new valve stems) and it sounds like a deal I can't pass up?

Your help is much appreciated.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
215/60 IIRC

BTW, I just did a semi=quick search on shotimes.com and really didn't find anything, but i'm 95% sure they were 215/60/16s.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Ryan:

Thanks for the reply. I know the size, that's not a problem. What I was trying to figure out was the exact Good Year "line or model" tire. My '93 was an ATX and I'm not sure if they put a different tire on the MTX or not? I think I remember spending about $600.00 for my first replacement set for the Good Years on the '93. So this $79.00 price seems "too good to be true" so I want to jump on it.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Bruce

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Eagle GA tires (sometimes GT+4);

thats for the 93 model year. IIRC ATX & MTX has different types of tires.

Users who are viewing this thread