Tire recommendations needed

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I need to spend some money on tires before spring. I basically want to know what the widest tire I can put on the car is? Car is a 02 Saleen extreme vert. Came with the 18•9 fronts with 265/35's and 18•10 rears with 295/35's. The tires are p zero's but I don't like them or their price. Lol

My fender lips are already rolled from the factory but everything else is the stock racecraft suspension. My main concerns are getting the widest look possible without too much bulge on rims and a nice looking tread design. I love the m/t street radials look and how they performed on my old fox body but would like to get around 10k miles or more if possible. What do you think you could get out of the drag radials assuming no track use just some spirited street fun here and there? What other tires would you recommend and what sizes? Lot of questions, sorry. :rolling:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post and sorry for the delay. Not sure how we missed your post.

The maximum recommended tire size for your 18x10's is 305/35-18. In this size Nitto offers their NT555R Drag Radial and M/T offers their ET Street Radial II. The ET Street Radial II typiclly lasts 2K to 5K miles where the NT555R Drag Radial typcially lasts 5K to 10K miles. Te NT555R is considered by many to be the best streetable drag radial. Ths model manynot hook up quiet as well when compared to the ET Stree Radial II but with some heat in them they perform well.

Based on what you are looking for I recommend running the NT555R. Here's the link with more details:

Error - Discount Tire Direct

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Thanks for info but link didn't work. Also wanted to know max size you recommend on the 18•9's? Thinking maybe 275/35? If I run the nitto drag radial I would probably do the nitto fronts. Could you pm me a price on 305 35 and 275 35 nittos? Also give me a quote on the m/t 305/35 and a tire you would think would match the tread the best for the front if something other then nitto's? Don't know if there is a discount going on right now, but I'm hoping. Lol Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread