Tire recommendations?

gksingh

Established Member
Guys I need a new set of rear Tires for my Cobra for next season. I'm ordering all my mods for the winter so thought about ordering tires as well

Cars a Daily driver during the summer making around 460-470. I don't track or drag this car, I'm looking for a set of 315 or 335s for the rears.

This summer I ran Bfg Kdw's (335/30/18) and they wore way to fast especially for a regular street tire (alignment and psi were good). Hooking wise they were okay, nothing to special.

What do you guys Recommend? I was thinking the Nitto 335/30/18 555r drag radials. First I thought It was crazy but supposedly people are getting 10-15k miles out of these?

Or should I step down to a 315 30 18?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
You want the tire to hook or last long? I'd vote m&h 325 racemasters!

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Last long :)
That eliminates DR's as does daily driving (rain) unless you have a death wish.

Mine is also a summer only car and I am on my second set of Nitto NT555's 285/40 on stock rims. I can't comment on wet driving because I only go out if I can put the top down, however I can say once the temperature drops below 60 degrees so does traction and handling falls off quickly.

If you have a winter car why not keep it on the road so your Cobra is not a daily driver? You can then go with collector insurance which is only about $500 per year, go with DR's, no rain issue and with less miles they would last longer?

reldla1996

Established Member
I went with the Toyo R888 for my daily driver, at about the same power level. It's not as good as a drag radial (which I run on my 89), but you can drive it in the rain, and they're a big step above the other performance tires I've driven with treadwears in the 140-180 range (the toyo is 100). I've only got 3000 miles and one partial season on them so far, so I can't comment about mileage, but they are not going to last as long as a normal street tire.

Users who are viewing this thread