Tire Rub

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
Trying to cure rear tires from rubbing on drive way back outs. I have a stock 93 cobra with 275 tires on rear. The car has original shocks and springs and 54,000 miles on car. I don t really want to roll the fenders.Looking for the best way to cure .Should I replace springs and shocks? What s the difference in Cobra springs and GT springs. thanks

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
They are 8 or 8.5 in Cobra R wheels with 275's.My originals with 255's dont rub.They do not rub hardly ever on normal bumps,just slight turns on an uphill or down on cornering.I'm just trying to something to save the tires. Springs or shocks or air bags a thought.?

WillyB93

Established Member
The 1993 cobras used the 4 cylinder springs which give more than the gt springs. ???? On what to do to fix the problem

fivestangs

Established Member
They are 8 or 8.5 in Cobra R wheels with 275's.My originals with 255's dont rub.They do not rub hardly ever on normal bumps,just slight turns on an uphill or down on cornering.I'm just trying to something to save the tires. Springs or shocks or air bags a thought.?

'93 cobra's have a different wheel offset than pretty much every other mustang...putting your 'cobra r' wheels on a '93 with the stock rear end and stock front rotors will typically push the wheels outboard, hence the rubbing

TX93Cobra

Established Member
'93 cobra's have a different wheel offset than pretty much every other mustang...putting your 'cobra r' wheels on a '93 with the stock rear end and stock front rotors will typically push the wheels outboard, hence the rubbing

this^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread