Tire rubbing problems after upper/lower steeda control arms..

mg02bullitt

Established Member
alright, so i put 4.10 gears in my car, and while its on the lift i decide to put on some steeda control arms i had recently gotten. all went well except for during the first drive after. when i got on it there was a decent vibration coming from the rear. also going like anywhere between 45-60 mph, if i give a little gas then let off, it would make a rubbing/grinding sound. so i look under the car and see chunks missing from the inside edge of my tires. i also notice part of the inner fender has metal showing from being rubbed, and is very sharp. so i get 1 inch wheel spacers, and its not quite as bad, but it's still there. since i don't enjoy the sound of my $500 tires rubbing, i'd like to find out what's going on. i really can't see these control arms allowing that much flex in the whole rear end...the only thing i can think of anymore is that i had to use smaller diameter bolts to bolt the lowers to the car. i'm not sure if that would allow them to slide around or not though. any opinions or ideas would be appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread