Tire rubbing

snk8bte01

1320 HTFU
Established Member
Hello everyone I’m having an issue on my driver side front tire… it continues to rub on the inner fender and it ended up exposing some of my wires. I’m running 275/35/18 tires I have all my ISOs… and bilstein shocks off a 30k mile cobra car has not gotten an alignment in years if that means anything

IMG_3255.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

snk8bte01

1320 HTFU
Established Member
Also does anyone know that harness hides back there inside the driver fender

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
How low are you? I have some rub marks on my inner fenders, but I'm kind of low and I have the MM k member that pushes the tires forward. I'm sure it would be worse if the track wasn't widened as well.

805 cobra

Established Member
Had same problem with my 03. After I lowered it. For some reason my liner sagged, mainly in the middle. It rubbed a hole. What I did was use a heat gun. Made it soft and used gloves and a pushed up on it. Let it cooled down. And it stop rubbing. Then I patched it up the hole.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Had same problem with my 03. After I lowered it. For some reason my liner sagged, mainly in the middle. It rubbed a hole. What I did was use a heat gun. Made it soft and used gloves and a pushed up on it. Let it cooled down. And it stop rubbing. Then I patched it up the hole.
Exactly what I was going to say.

snk8bte01

1320 HTFU
Established Member

The problem is that it’s rubbing so much that it’s touching the actual wiring harness behind it and it already exposed 4 wires…. Prior I had 265/45/18 tires and it rarely rubbed now when I switched to 275/35/18 it rubs likes crazy anytime I turn left

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

805 cobra

Established Member
Sounds like you might have an alignment problem. How about your rubber bushing? Are they all in good condition? Or something might be bent on suspension.

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
Im wire tucked, I have a crap ton of wires in the fenders. Zip tie the wires back as far as possible. Melt and trim the liner as needed.

I also run 275/35/18’s. Been running them for 17+ years. Was a lot lower at one point too. Gone through 2 or 3 liners over the years. Keep the wires protected and don’t worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread