Tire Selection these days... Terrible! Need some input please.

Knave

Established Member
I finally have the funds to get rid of the monster truck stance on my Mach! Yay!
I purchased H&R SS springs with Koni STR.T's. Yay!
I found the wheels i want to buy, Xxr 531 18x11 18x9.5 +20 offset Satin Black. Yay!
I started looking for tires... Hmm 315/30/18 sounds nice. What? drag radial, drag radial, drag radial and racing tires. Where the hell are the all season performance tires? The kind that people drive to work on? lol.

Am i just ambitious or do All seasons not exist in the 300+ series? Maybe a shortage due to summer?

The widest tire i can find in all seasons/summer are 295/35/18 which will have a little stretch (from what i've seen). Tires would be Toyo Proxes T1 Sport with the same front but in 265 or 275.

Or i could put a 19x11 on the rear which would give me a tire selection of Endless shrimp at the Red Lobby!

Anyone know if the Toyo's run a little wide?

Knave

Established Member
After further research, it looks like the typical 315/30/18 and 335/30/18 options are not OEM on anything besides Lambo's or for racing applications. If a tire manufacturer doesn't have a contract sale then i can see why they wouldn't produce certain tire sizes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread